How to do business with us
We do not pre-approve suppliers to be added to an 'approved supplier' database. Approved status is granted upon the award of a contract or purchase order, following a successful tendering process.
Stansted Airport Ltd are deemed Utility businesses for the purposes of the OJEU Regulations and therefore subject to the Utilities Contract Regulations 2006. Contract Notices are published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) and on the website Tendersmart.com.
Suppliers are encouraged to monitor both TenderSmart and OJEU.
For non OJEU and lower value requirements our procurement team will identify the best suppliers from which to purchase goods and services and then manage the tendering and negotiation process to appoint and manage those suppliers.
What we look for in a supplier
Naturally our tendering processes and award criteria will be different depending on the type of goods and/or services being procured. However, we will typically award on the basis of most economically advantageous tender with competition being our primary vehicle to demonstrate the delivery of value. Areas that may be looked at when assessing suppliers include:
- Safety record
- Integrity - ethics and sustainability
- Value for money
- Quality of product and/or service
- Standard of performance and technical capability
- Delivery performance Reliability - get things right and deliver against commitments
- Risk management capability
- Ability to support attainment of short term goals as well as long term objectives
- Innovation that delivers benefits