Filming at busy international airports provides logistical and security challenges which means that whilst we will be accommodating, sometimes it will simply not be possible to facilitate non-essential filming and photography requests:
- All filming and photography within the airport requires a permit.
- Requests are considered on individual merit
- Minimum £5million Public Liability Insurance is required
- Unfortunately it is not usually possible to allow student filming and photography at the airport
Generally, a request must be made at least two working days for news coverage and four working days for commercial filming/photography before the required date. To apply for permission to film or photograph at London Stansted you must e-mail one of the addresses below and supply the following information:
Date of filming/photography
- Company representing
- Crew size/equipment
- Purpose of filming
- Areas seeking permission to film/photograph in
- Confirmation you hold £5million public liability insurance
- Your contact details
Please note: Security will remove anyone filming and photographing without this permission.
News coverage (non-commercial) purposes: Before coming to the airport you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the press office on +44 (0)1279 680534
Commercial filming/photography: For all commercial filming and photography enquiries please email email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding commercial filming and photography or require further guidance please telephone +44 (0)7956 340486.
Please note: If your project is approved for commercial filming or photography you will be required to submit a risk assessment and method statement.
We also have broadcast-quality library footage of our airport Video library available for use. There may be a charge, depending on usage.