“We want everyone using the terminal this Christmas to have a stress free and enjoyable journey through the airport so it’s important that our passengers follow some simple tips before leaving home to help them on their way. These include:
- Allow plenty of time for your journey to the airport and arrive at least two hours before the flight departs.
- Passengers should check with their airlines what restrictions apply to both hand and checked-in baggage.
- Pack as much as possible – including presents – into checked-in baggage.
- Do not wrap presents you wish to carry in your hand luggage as they may need to be inspected at security.
- Do not carry Christmas crackers as they’re not permitted in either hand or checked-in luggage.
- Any liquids in hand luggage must be in individual containers no greater than 100ml capacity and placed in a transparent re-sealable bag, no larger than 20cm x 20cm (8”x 8”) in size.
- Pack all sharp objects, such as knives, scissors and corkscrews, in your hold luggage as they must not be carried in hand luggage.
Security procedures at all airports are there for everyone’s safety, and arriving prepared will help avoid unnecessary delays. Our operational staff are gearing up for the getaway rush and will be working extremely hard to provide the best possible service to all our passengers to ensure their holidays get off to a flying start.”
Full details of the current security restrictions are provided in a comprehensive guide for passengers at www.stanstedairport.com/security.