Travel to the Canary Islands
The Canary Islands have been added to the UK government’s safe travel list, which means that you can visit any of the islands without having to quarantine when you get back.
Find your winter sun
The Canary Islands travel corridor is great news for anyone hoping to catch some winter sun before the end of 2020: with average winter temperatures of 19 degrees, they really are the perfect destination for winter sun. And with four islands to choose from when you fly from London Stansted Airport, there’s an island to suit every type of holiday maker.
From London Stansted Airport, you can fly to:
The Canary Islands
While the Canary Islands boast miles and miles of pristine coastline, they offer much more than your average beach holiday. With their distinctive volcanic landscapes, ancient forests, hiking trails, water sports, caves and lagoons, there really is something for everyone.
- Fuerteventura - Known for its miles of coastline with white sand and emerald green waters, Fuerteventura is a firm favourite with water sports enthusiasts or those simply looking to relax on the beach in the sun.
- Gran Canaria - Gran Canaria is a must for families looking for a holiday that’s got everything. From beaches to whale watching trips, and pine forests to water parks, there’s a different activity for each day of the week.
- Lanzarote - Lanzarote’s distinctive volcanic landscape holds caves and lagoons that can be explored by those looking for adventure. It also boasts some spectacular beaches - as well as many wineries and wine cellars - for those looking to relax.
- Tenerife - Tenerife is a firm family favourite for good reason, with its beaches, a theme park and 8 golf courses offering something for every type of holiday maker. World Heritage Sites and National Parks offer an exciting alternative to a beach holiday.
Travelling through London Stansted Airport
We want to assure our passengers that we’re doing everything we can to make your journey through London Stansted Airport as safe as possible.
Travelling is a little different these days, but we’re ready and waiting to welcome you back safely.
As well as requiring all passengers to wear a mask and wash their hands regularly, we are taking the following steps in the terminal to ensure your safety:
- Communal areas such as toilets and lounges are cleaned thoroughly on a regular basis
- Frequently touched surfaces like door handles and handrails are disinfected regularly
- Hand sanitiser points are positioned throughout the terminal
- Queues and layouts are all designed to enable social distancing
To find out more, see our Coronavirus information page which is updated regularly with the latest official guidance.
Airport travel tips
To make your journey through the airport as smooth as possible, we offer a range of airport services, each of which is available to pre-book:
- Pre-book your parking - Travelling by car is one of the safest and most convenient ways to get to London Stansted Airport. We have a number of car park options available to pre-book - including Meet & Greet - and they’re all just a short walk from the terminal. We also offer free cancellation up to 72 hours before arrival in case your travel plans have to change.
- Pre-book an airport lounge - Our Escape Lounge offers a range of light bites and snacks, and the chance to unwind before you fly. Pre-book your space now to guarantee a relaxing start to your trip.
- Pre-book your FastTrack access - From just £5 per person, you can pre-book your access to our dedicated, time-saving express lane at security.
- Pre-book your special assistance - If you require special assistance when travelling through the airport, you must book at least 48 hours before your flight. All of our staff wear personal protective equipment for your and their safety. Find out more here.
Important checks before you set off
- Flight details - Use our live flight departures page to check that your flight time hasn’t changed before you set off. Simply enter the date you’re flying, and your flight number or destination, to see the most up to date information.
- Latest government restrictions - Before you travel, it’s important to check the latest UK government guidelines. The countries on the corridor list are subject to change, as are local restrictions and quarantine requirements.