London Stansted Airport is the airport positioned to meet all your present and future cargo needs, as identified by UK government. Already established as a world class airport, Stansted is London’s fastest-growing major airport and the only London airport with the space to grow to meet all your present and future cargo needs. It:
- Is London’s second largest airport for cargo
- Transports over £8 billion worth of cargo every year -
206,000 tonnes, on over 11,300 flights to more than 200 countries
- Accounts for approximately 13% of all UK air freight
Our airport provides the most modern, industry leading facilities, to deliver all conventional aircraft handling, passenger handling and transit shed operations. Designed for purpose, the runway and shed operations are in close proximity allowing the aircraft to park next to the shed and providing an unrivalled touchdown to truck turnaround of two hours.
These world-class facilities combined with an unerring commitment to provide your business with the very highest standards of service and efficiency, make London Stansted the perfect choice for all your cargo needs:
- Aircraft parked conveniently next to cargo terminal for loading and unloading
- Fast taxi times from runway
- From aircraft touchdown to truck loading in two hours
Location and destinations
Our airport offers unrivalled links for national distribution and cargo transfers between all major European airports and principal sea ports, making it ideally placed for direct deliveries throughout the continent and serves over 200 worldwide destinations.
- Excellent road and rail networks, allowing fast and reliable deliveries throughout the UK
- Under three hours to heart of The Midlands - key distribution centre of UK
- Just over an hour by motorway to Heathrow Airport
- Approximately one hour from Harwich and Felixstowe, two of the UK’s principal sea ports
- Ideally placed for direct deliveries to the continent
- Less than one hour from the City of London.
For further information about cargo airline route and business development, please email Stnbusinessdevelopment@stanstedairport.com