Travelling with children doesn't have to be a challenge. You'll find everything you need to keep kids happy at the airport, from baby changing rooms to pre-flight entertainment.
Baby changing or Family Rooms
Stansted provides the following range of facilities:
- Before security, family room near UK Arrivals and Check-in zone J.
- After security, family room just behind the departure lounge airline information desk.
- Gates 1 - 19: family room near Gate 13.
- Gates 20 - 39: family room near Gates 33/34.
- Gates 40 - 50: family room near Gate 43.
- Gates 51 - 59: family room near Gate 59.
- Gates 81 - 88: baby change within accessible and ladies toilet.
- International Baggage Reclaim: family room near reclaim 1, baby change cubicles in both ladies and gents toilets near reclaim 9.
- UK Baggage Reclaim: baby change in ladies toilet.
- Arrivals route from Gates 40 - 59: baby change within accessible toilet
- Main arrivals greeting area: baby change cubicles in both ladies and gents toilets.
Food and other essentials
Most restaurants and bars provide high chairs and children's menus. Branches of Boots pharmacy supply baby essentials including nappies, formula milk and baby wipes.
Colouring packs containing crayons and a colouring book can be picked up free from Frankie & Benny's or JD Wetherspoon.
You'll find toys to amuse children of all ages at Hamleys, the world famous toy store, while WHSmith stocks plenty of magazines, comics and puzzle books to keep children entertained in the lounges and in the air.
Watching the planes
If your children love to watch the aircraft on the runway, taxiways and stands, Pret A Manger in the departures lounge (after security) offers great airport views through the giant terminal windows.
The Voyager Entertainment centre contains a selection of video games ideal for older children. There are branches before and after security.