Where to catch trains
Stansted Airport rail station is directly below the Terminal building. Tickets can be bought in advance here, at the station or in the Terminal.
Regular services link the airport with central London, and with eastern England and the Midlands.Book Stansted Express tickets now
Trains to London
Fast, frequent and convenient trains run between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street, from early until late.
- Trains depart every 15 minutes.
- Average journey time 47 minutes to London Liverpool Street and 36 minutes to Tottenham Hale.
- Fares start from £12 when two or more people travel and just £8 when four of more people travel.
- First class fares start from just £37.50 and include large comfortable seats, fast track through airport security and executive lounge access at Liverpool Street and Stansted.
For London Underground services, change at Tottenham Hale (Victoria Line) or Liverpool Street (Central Line, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines).
Trains to eastern England and Birmingham
Long-distance services link the airport with Cambridgeshire and the Midlands. Connections are available to the North and Scotland.
- Hourly daytime service, reduced on Sundays.
- Journey times (approx): Cambridge 35 min; Leicester 2 hr 30 min; Birmingham 3 hr 25 min.
- Fares vary, discounts for advance booking.
- Trains run to Audley End, Cambridge, Ely, Peterborough, Leicester and Birmingham.
Change at Peterborough for Leeds, York, Newcastle and Scotland. Change at Leicester for Derby and Sheffield.
Why not benefit from the outstanding network of trains that are available throughout Europe and enjoy the freedom of exploration with an InterRail Pass.
The extensive range of passes available with InterRail means that you can tailor your pass to make the most of your holiday.
All trains have facilities for passengers with special needs. Please see the relevant train operator's website for details and contact information.
Stansted Airport rail station is staffed every day except Christmas Day. Induction loops are fitted, and the whole station has step-free access. If you'll need assistance at the station, please email email@example.com at least 24 hours before you travel.
Bicycles on trains
Stansted Express: Only fully-folded cycles which have been flat-packed may be taken on board.
Greater Anglia (other services): Cycles can be carried on most trains but there are restrictions on some peak-time services.
CrossCountry Trains: Cycles are carried only when booked in advance.
There is no charge for carriage of bicycles on any of these services.
Links for further help
National Rail Enquiries (tel 0845 748 4950 or outside the UK +44 (0)20 7278 5240)
London Underground (tel +44 (0)20 7222 1234)
Stansted Express (tel 0845 600 7245)
Greater Anglia (tel 0845 600 7245)
CrossCountry Trains (tel 0871 244 2389)