Buses and coaches
Stansted Airport is well served by buses and coaches, but the majority of vehicles serving the airport are not currently wheelchair-accessible. Most services will be able to carry a folded wheelchair, as long as passengers can board unaided. Please contact the relevant operator for further information.
- The coach station is close to the terminal and accessed via ramps and lifts or by escalator. The coach station waiting room, ticket office and toilet are all accessible to wheelchair users.
- Tickets may be purchased from the waiting room office, at the coach desks in the terminal (between 06:00 and 02:00), or on board.
- For details of services, see our buses and coaches page or call Traveline on 0845 850 0150.
- If you require a wheelchair or assistance from the coach station, please ask a member of staff or use one of the help points.
The rail station is directly below the terminal building and reached via ramps, lifts or escalators. Train access for wheelchair users is via a portable ramp and assistance will be provided by National Express staff. We advise that you pre-book assistance if possible by calling the National Express helpline on 0845 600 7245.
The Stansted Express runs between the airport and London Liverpool Street (a 45-minute journey), stopping at Tottenham Hale. Trains run every 15 minutes between 08:00 and 17:00 weekdays, and every 30 minutes between 06:00 and 23:59 at all other times. All new Stansted Express trains have a toilet for wheelchair users with alarms fitted inside and out.
24x7 Limited is based at the airport and can offer assistance to passengers with special needs
- There is a taxi desk on the international arrivals concourse.
- There are courtesy phones in the baggage reclaim areas.
- Wheelchair-accessible vehicles are available on request.
- 24x7 is permitted to pick up and drop off at the front of the terminal building.
- To book a taxi call +44 1279 661 111.
- Help phones are situated outside the terminal building, near the revolving doors.