We have different options for picking up and dropping off and you can choose the best one for you:
- Free for up to 1 hour
- Located in the Mid Stay Car Park. Follow signs for 'Free Set Down'
We offer a free pick up and drop off from a dedicated area in the Mid Stay Car Park. Just a 5 minute courtesy bus ride away from the terminal forecourt (buses run every 10 minutes). Perfect if you want to accompany friends and family to the terminal or assist them from arrivals. Free for up to 1 hour, £1 up to 2 hours. Daily rates for Mid Stay Car Park apply after 2 hours.
- minimum charge £2 for 10 minutes
- Follow signs for 'Express Set Down'
Located just a short walk to the terminal for your ease. This area is just for dropping off and picking up and vehicles must not be left unattended. If you wish to park and go into the terminal we recommend you use either the free option in the Mid Stay Car Park or use a Short Stay Car Park.
Short Stay Car Park
- minimum charge £2.80 for 25 minutes
- Follow signs for 'Short Stay Car Park'
We have three short stay car parks (Red, Orange and Green) located just a short walk to the terminal and ideal if you want to accompany passengers. Further information here.
Blue badge holders
If you hold a Blue badge you can use any of the above facilities. There are help points in each so that you can contact the 'Special Assistance Desk' in the terminal. These are located as follows:
Free Set Down*
help point located in the bus shelter
Express Set Down
help points next to the disabled blue bays
Short Stay Car Parks
help points located in each payment booth
*Located in the Mid Stay Car Park. There is a short bus journey, however the bus driver will be able to assist you should you need help getting on and off the bus.
Blue Badge holders drop off arrangements
Blue Badge holders can be dropped off on the main forecourt of the terminal building (note: the Blue Badge holder is the passenger not the driver). This must be pre-booked at least 72 hours in advance and is available to Blue Badge holders as an alternative to being dropped off in Express Set Down. A minimum charge of £2 for up to 15 minutes applies and vehicles cannot be left unattended.
Simply email us with the requested information
2) Contact telephone number
3) Blue Badge Number
4) Date of travel from Stansted Airport
5) Estimated time of drop-off
6) Registration of vehicle dropping you off *
*If you do not know the registration of the vehicle or are coming by taxi please inform the operator at the time of booking
On receipt of your email, one of our car park operators will contact you direct to take payment and provide you with a unique booking reference.
On the day of travel
- You will need your booking reference and Blue Badge so make sure you bring those with you.
- Drive up to the terminal forecourt following signs for “Official Valet”
- When you approach the barrier your vehicle registration will be read and the barrier will lift.
- Proceed along the forecourt to “Official Valet” where a member of staff will check your Blue Badge.
- It is not possible to pick up on the terminal forecourt and arrangements for pick-up are unchanged.